Search This Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Back in the Saddle again...


Yes, yes, I know, it's a corny title but hey, it's true.

How embarrassing to look back at my blog and find out that it's been over a year since I've posted to it. Oh how sad for me.

Well, hopefully things will be looking up here and I'll be posting a bit more often (not hard when you consider my record here).

This is the big year in the garden. Hundreds and hundreds are expected to pass through and view my idea of a heavenly garden.

Thankfully the weather has been cooperating so far. We've had a fairly mild winter and a gentle if dry spring. The plants are growing by leaps and bounds now and I can't seem to find enough time to get it all done.

Am I the only gardener who can write their name in the dust on the hall table? How about sorting laundry into various baskets labeled "clean" and "not so clean"? People tell me I need a helper in the garden but I really think a house-keeper would be more useful.

Ok, no meat and potatoes here. Right now I'm digging out Lychnis coronaria (rose campion) buy the bushel full. Somebody called and asked to come by tomorrow to "buy a whole lot of rose campion".

How much is a "whole lot"? If I pot up 10 and she tells me 20 is a whole lot...well...I've lost money. If I pot up 20 and she thinks 5 is a whole lot I'm going to end up with a lot of pots of rose campion. Gardeners are gamblers by nature though so I'm going to think big.

Would dearly love to figure out how to post a photo to this blog. Will play with that this evening.

Happy digging!

No comments: