Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Zoo

Dear Mom,

Today we went on a class trip to the Bronx Zoo.

We saw Lions...

and ladybugs...
and bears...

oh my!

What a wonderful, glorious day I spent as a chaperone for our high school anthropology class as we visited the Bronx Zoo in New York City.

The lion was regal.

The ladybugs were photographed in the Butterfly house.

The polar bear exhibit struck me as surreal with the fake ice flows and a live flow of Forsythia cascading down the cliff face

And finally, the huge stand of Mayapples had me green with envy and made me wish I could sneak a few home in my camera bag :-)

Back to gardening tomorrow,
Melanie

2 comments:

Gail said...

Yo can find strange amalgam at a zoo! Butterflies, exotics animals of course, but the exotic plants and planting in general are always fascinating. Gail

Sherri said...

Looks like you had a great time!