Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Doodle dog farm


What’s in a name? For so many years my garden was named Old Country Gardens but that garden belongs to somebody else now. Much as I want to continue using that name it doesn’t suit the little beach cottage where we live. Calie the wonderdoodle still gardens with me, she is 13 years old now and we named the garden after her. Welcome to doodle dog farm!



Our cottage is a few blocks from the Long Island Sound on the north shore of Long Island. The neighborhood is called Huntington Beach Community Association and it’s filled with darling cottages and beach homes. 


This is a view over our fence and you can see what I mean about small cottages.


We are surrounded with mature Oak trees so most of the gardens are shade beds. My beloved daylilies are not used as much as I wish but the hosta truly shine.



We have a lovely Cherry tree that rains pink petals everywhere.



This last year I set out a small sale table featuring succulents and a few perennials that were ready for dividing. This spring I will be putting more out.  I’m so happy to be blogging again, just trying to figure out the best way to get my photos and words here. 















1 comment:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

My Aunt lived in a small cottage so much like yours. She had a shade garden too. It was so beautiful and I was inspired by her to create my garden so many years ago.
Your garden looks beautiful too. We had to remove a huge willow tree last year and that opened up the back area and the daylilies when wild! But other then that my yard is mostly shade too.