Search This Blog

Monday, April 06, 2009

The "To-Do" list

Do you keep "To-Do" lists? Sometimes I need to write list after list and other times I just don't bother. Right now I've got a list of things "to-do" that's a mile long.

Much as I'd like to accompany this post with some inspirational new photos, I'm stuck with the old photos. Once again it's raining cats and dogs out there. At this rate I'd better learn how to build an ark.

Yesterday we worked from sun up to sun down out in the garden. We made great strides in cleaning out the shade beds, setting up the potting area, putting out the birdhouses and so much more. Unfortunately, today all I can do is dream up more things to add to my to-do list.

While not on this weeks list, the stairs shown above have been decimated by chipmunks. Right now there's no plants charmingly spilling out, just lots of displaced dirt. It's something that will have to be addressed later this month for sure.

This weeks' to-do list has:
Divide, divide, divide
Finish setting up potting area
Start shredding last years leaves for mulch
Sift compost
Finish cleaning out the shade beds
Attack the early spring weeds that are just beginning to pop
Buy some pansies and get them planted
Create vignette in the garden that makes me smile! (more on this in a future post)

Well, ok, I'll leave it at this as there's only so many hours in a day.

What's on your to-do list?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, yes, Melanie, I do have to-do lists, but they never seem to all get to-done!

Mary Beth said...

I find I have to focus on one area of the garden at a time to keep from feeling completely overwhelmed with all the To-Dos! and I'm afraid that there are so many "to-dos" staring me in the face when I step outside, a list is just reiterative. . . .:-)

Hà Xuân said...

I like the photo of this entry, Melanie. The place looks so inviting. It seems to me you never have harsh sunshine where you are, right? It'd be fabulous sitting there and having coffee and dream away all the things you have waiting to get done!

Melanie Chopay said...

Well, it's good to see I'm not alone in having long to-do lists that never seem to get done :-)

Ha Zuan, you are right, we don't have strong sun here. The nice thing about being just a few miles from the ocean is that our air almost always has moisture. I think that helps our gardens tremendously. I love to sit in that spot once it warms up a bit. When it's cold like today, I have another sitting area that I will show you someday.