Search This Blog

Friday, February 09, 2007

How cold is it?




In the 10 years we've lived in this house this was the first time this was possible!

This is my husband Don playing hockey on the frozen solid pool cover.

I sure wish those frozen Sedum and Sempervivum on the brick steps had a nice fluffy snow blanket to keep them warm. It will be interesting to see what actually survives after this unusual winter.

First we had the most amazingly mild December and early January and now two weeks of solid freeze.

I wonder what spring will be like.

Oh yes, click on this lower photo to see a close up of Don's face and you'll get an idea of how much he likes hockey!

(This post is a temporary one and will be deleted in a day or two)

1 comment:

Gotta Garden said...

What a terrific photo! I followed your link from the AHS Robin where I mostly lurk. Welcome back to blogging! It's great fun!