Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Missed you too!

Don't ask me why but only four of the ten photos I tried to send to this blog came through. Until I figure this glitch out, I'll have to post in parts.
This is part two so scroll down a bit to read part one first!

The top photo simply shows marigolds. Now I haven't grown marigolds in many years but how pretty are these babies? I just remembered that they will also attract slugs. Not a bad thing if you have a spray bottle handy with one part household ammonia and 5 parts water. Just go out early morning (foggy days are the best!) and looks for those little white blobs on your marigolds. Give them a few good squirts and shout DIE SUCKERS. Hmmm, maybe just whisper or your neighbors might be avoiding you for awhile.

Opium poppies. There's nothing like having a good friend willing to share some opium poppy seeds with you. Don't think I've seen these for sale anywhere. Wish I still had some here. Maybe they'll surprise me and pop up this year?

Simple as can be but oh so beautiful. Zinnias, hard to find in cell packs because they are so darn easy to grow from seed! Cut and Come again variety was well named. Great cutting flowers for those darling country arrangements in watering cans.


And finally, to finish off today's post is this shot of the Amaranthus (Love Lies a Bleeding) I grew many years ago. As far as I'm concerned, love lies a bleeding is to die for :-) Ok, not the best pun but I sure do wonder why I haven't grown this show stopper recently.

Off to have fun,
Melanie
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I just did a post about my pictures disappearing from my blog too. I wonder what's up. I'm sorry it happened to you too, but glad that it isn't just me.

Lovely post and pictures.

Melanie Chopay said...

Thanks for the post Robin. I'm going to keep trying to get more than 4 pictures at a time here. That's just not enough for us gardeners.

Today I tried clicking on photos in my Picasa program and then clicking on the Blog This! icon. In the past that didn't work at all for me so I guess this is an improvement.