Search This Blog

Monday, March 09, 2009

Spring scene

It's cold and rainy outside. So, if I can't have spring out there, I'll make it be spring in here.

It might not be much but this little vignette set up on my kitchen counter is the first thing I see when I come in the door.

The Primroses were just being unloaded at Main Street nursery when I was there on Friday. The yellows smelled heavenly but I just couldn't resist this color combination, even though it doesn't have any scent.

Unusually warm temperatures this past weekend did a great job of melting much of the snow around here and today's rain is finishing it all off. Saturday I got to do a little clean up in one of the front beds and found foliage on the Colombines and Nepetas. By the end of this week I hope to be able to find some of the Dicentras (Bleeding hearts) popping up.

Melanie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is an excellent idea to make a little spring display to keep the blues away. I don't have a flower to do that with. But I did get happy looking at the seeds I have in here. More are starting to peek through. Love the little chick!

Sherri said...

What a great Spring scene! I love that little chick!! Primroses are one of my favorite flowers too. I don't see them in NC too much and I miss them.

Laura said...

Your flowers are pretty!

My husband bought me a mini rose plant for Valentine's Day; unfortunately it doesn't seem to like being in my house :(