Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Who knew?

Wonder of wonders, the ultimate "duh" moment came yesterday when I learned the reason my laptop wouldn't connect to the internet because the wireless switch on the front of it was turned off... Oh well, I might be a great gardener but computer guru I am not!

I have so many photos to share and things to say that I'm totally backlogged...need an internet version of bran ;-)

Hope you enjoy this series of photos, I'll keep you guessing at the plant this bloom is on (until the last shot).

I had such fun taking these photos, aren't they beautiful?

The color range surprised me, while I expected lots of pinks, the yellows were totally unexpected. This one has a wonderful darker center.


From this angle you can see the pollen. Something for the bees to come buzzing around for! I never thought to look for seeds on these flowers later on but I just might remember to do that this year.

While having fun and cropping this photo I immediately thought of Kathleen McElwain. If you haven't seen some of her artwork, you should treat yourself and take a look! Just click on her name and it will take you to her site.

Last but not lease, a lighter pink. Have you guessed yet what these blooms are on? They're from my darling hens & chicks (Sempervivum)!


4 comments:

Casey said...

my hens and chicks had these weird growths on them and I had no idea what was happening until I visited my mother in law and hers was doing the same. Flowering! lol... I'm excited for the full flower now that I see your pictures :)

BernieH said...

You are certainly not alone when it comes to magnificent 'duh' moments related to computers!!!

Absolutely lovely blooms on your Hen and Chicks ... the variation is terrific.

Tony Destroni said...

hi good day . nice post you have . id learned a lot. this is one of the best way of gardening even you dont have much space you can still do planting . thanks for sharing this . i hope you have a post about wind spinner other garden and home accessories , im interested on this i hope you can help me . thank you!

Ginny said...

what a wonderful blog you have! the photos are magnificent and I look forward to visiting again to see what the autumn brings.